Elk City fire ruled accidental
Ponca City Now - September 17, 2015 9:17 am
ELK CITY, Okla. (AP) – A fire that destroyed a retirement center that was under construction in Elk City has been ruled accidental.
Elk City Fire Chief Billy Word told KECO on Wednesday that the state fire marshal has determined the fire at Baptist Village was due to temporary wiring being used inside the building.
The fire began about 10 a.m. Tuesday and led to the evacuation of nearby homes. The only reported injury was to a firefighter who suffered a cut hand.
The $8.3 million assisted-living center was scheduled to open in March 2016.