Dollens to Stitt: Continue Supporting Out-of-Work Oklahomans

Mike Seals - October 28, 2020 8:39 pm

OKLAHOMA CITY — State Rep. Mickey Dollens, D-OKC, sent a letter to Gov. Kevin Stitt on Monday asking that Oklahoma Employment Security Commission work search requirements continue to be waived for Oklahomans unemployed during this pandemic.

The letter asks that the governor extend the work requirements waiver until the new year so that we have a better understanding of the course of this pandemic.

“Oklahoma is clearly experiencing record-high COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations,” Dollens said in the letter. “The decision to stop waiving this requirement as winter approaches seems callous and not in the best interest of Oklahomans.”

The letter cites previous problems with OESC technology, Oklahomans having to stay home with their children attending school virtually, and the increased risk of mass evictions throughout Oklahoma.

“None of this amounts to a good holiday season for anyone,” Dollens said. “Governor, you can change this. Direct OESC to stop work search requirements until the new year when we can make a more informed decision on how to proceed.”

 

Latest Stories

State reports 3,406 new COVID-19 cases, 15 new deaths

SITUATION UPDATE: COVID-19 As of this advisory, there are 177,874 cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma. Kay...

Tulsa Farm Show Rescheduled to Feb. 25-27, 2021

November 22, 2020 (Tulsa, Oklahoma) – The 27th Tulsa Farm Show, previously scheduled for December 10-11-12,...

Honey Springs Battlefield Presents Tribal Civil War Involvement

Virtual Presentation on Choctaw and Chickasaw Tribes during the Civil War   CHECOTAH, Okla. — Honey...