Demolition of former bank building underway
Team Radio Marketing Group - January 22, 2018 1:03 pm
Demolition of the former Bank of America building at Fourteenth Street and Prospect Avenue is underway today.
The builiding is being removed to make room for construction of a Jiffy Trip convenience store.
Other construction projects underway in Ponca City include:
- The $7,400,000 Concert Hall at 600 East Overbrook Avenue. Recent developments include building the risers of the first balcony and work on the performance platform.
- Photo by Richard Winterrowd, Lewis Associates Architects
- Community Place Apartments Historic Renovation. This is a $2,748,843 project to convert the former Community Building at 223 East Grand Avenue into a 24-room apartment complex. The plan includes 12 one-bedroom and 12 two-bedroom apartments.
- Community Place Apartments also will include a new two-story, 24-unit apartment at 202 North Fourth Street. All rooms will be a two-bedroom floor plan. Both stories have been framed in with roofing in the construction phase. This part of the project is $2,556,791.
- Casey’s Convenience Store is a $2,750,000 project at 421 East Hartford. It will be a 4,400 square foot convenience store. Plans have been approved, the permit has been paid for and issued. Demolition and site work is underway.
- Boom-A-Rang Diner at 201 East Grand will open at 2 p.m. Jan. 29. This project included a remodel of an existing space that will convert the ground floor to a 2,885 square foot restaurant with a seating capacity of 79.
- Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen is a subsidiary of Smitco Eateries of Fayettevill, Arkansas. It is nearing completion at 2200 North 14th Street and will be a 2265 square foot structure with seating for 46