Court delays block Keystone XL pipeline construction in 2019

The Associated Press - May 4, 2019 8:39 am

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) – An executive for the company proposing the Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada’s oil sands into the U.S. says it has missed the 2019 construction season due to court delays.
TransCanada executive vice president Paul Miller made the statement during a Friday earnings call with analysts. The company also announced that it was changing its name to TC Energy Corp.
Plans to begin construction of the long-delayed pipeline got blocked last November when a federal judge in Montana ordered additional environmental reviews of the project.
The White House has been trying to push it through. The President issued a new permit for Keystone last month.
The $8 billion line would carry up to 830,000 barrels (35 million gallons) of crude daily, along a route stretching from Canada to Nebraska.

 

Latest Stories

Grady County Deputy Shot By Suspect Treated, Released From Hospital

GRADY COUNTY, Okla. –  Authorities said at least one Grady County deputy was shot late Friday morning near Bridge...

Late Night Work Tonight at New Police Department Construction Area

The Ponca City Police Department and the City of Ponca City are asking the public to...

Po-Hi Student Schedule, I.D. and Assigned Parking Sticker Pick-Up is Set for Next Week

Students 10th through 12th grades can pick up their schedules and Student ID’s from the Ponca...