Commissioners to Decide Mask Mandate Monday
Mike Seals - December 10, 2020 9:56 pm
The large Christmas tree has been placed over the fountain at City Hall.
The Ponca City Board of Commissioners will meet Monday at City Hall at 5:30 pm in regular session.
One agenda item that is sure to foster discussion is the commission’s decision to consider and vote on a city ordinance that would create a new city code section that, if approved, would establish the required wearing of a protective face covering indoors within the city limits. This code amendment would apply, according to the agenda entry, “during a Public Health Emergency.”
Other agenda items up for votes by the commission include:
- Closure of a public street in the 1800 block of Queens Avenue
- Closure of a public street located north of the 100 block of East Gary Avenue
- Receipt of the FY 2019-2020 Annual Financial Statements and Independent Auditor’s Report for the city
- Determination of the ‘Gross Maximum Price’ with KSB Enterprises for construction of the new Public Safety Center. The calculated amount is $17,465,712.74.
- Consideration of an application from Rural Water District #3 for installation of a commercial water meter at 4011 North Pleasant View Road
Also on the agenda are the normal, non-controversial, and routine items such as acceptance of the previous meetings minutes; payment of city bills, designation of certain city employees as Purchasing Officers, acceptance of a contract with Hembree and Hodgson Construction for a street improvement project on Oklahoma Avenue from Waverly Street to Lincoln Street in the amount of $280,299.83; consideration of a design contract with MKEC Engineering for services regarding the re-decking of the Union Street bridge over Highland Avenue in the amount of $72,000.00; vote on final payment for the Marland Grand Home Improvements (Phase 2) in the amount of $11,878.80; Authorize advertisement of bids for sidewalk maintenance for the time period 1 January 2021 through 30 June, 2021; and, consider a service agreement addendum with Honeywell Building Solutions for City Hall and Fire Station #1.
Following the commission meeting, the officials will hold a regular session of the Ponca City Utility Authority.
The full agenda can be viewed by clicking below: