City of Ponca City Covid-19 response — Updated March 18
Ponca City Now - March 18, 2020 5:14 pm
OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CORONAVIRUS CALL CENTER INFORMATION:
Information on Coronavirus is changing rapidly. For updates and information, visit www.coronavirus.health.ok.gov and please direct your questions to the Oklahoma State Department of Health Coronavirus Call Center, 877-215-8336.
KEEPING UP YOUR RESISTANCE
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of it promptly. If no tissue is available, cough into your sleeve rather than your hand.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap, and for at least 20 seconds each time. Alcohol-based hand cleaners can also be used.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth; germs spread through these sensitive mucus membranes.
- In general, a healthy lifestyle will reduce your chances of contracting the flu and all other communicable diseases. For example, get plenty of sleep in order to keep your resistance up. And, drink water. Flu is easier to catch when you are dehydrated.