CITY OF PONCA CITY COVID-19 RESPONSE UPDATE
Ponca City Now - March 19, 2020 9:34 pm
Due to the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America, the City of Ponca City is also taking these steps to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- The Ponca City Library will be closed through Tuesday, March 31.
- The RecPlex is offering virtual fitness programs and the Ponca City Library is offering a virtual Story Time reading programs via Facebook Live.
- The City of Ponca City encourages citizens to use online features available at www.poncacityok.gov, such as on-line payments for utility services and municipal court fines; employment opportunities and online applications; current bid and contract opportunities available to consultants, service providers, contractors, vendors, or suppliers; and news flashes/press releases.
- And, the Ponca City Police Department requests citizens to use the non-emergency phone number (580) 767-0370, rather than coming to the Police Department in person. If it is an emergency, DIAL 911.
As the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention state, even if you are young or otherwise healthy, you are at risk and your activities can increase the risk for others. It is critical that you do your part to slow the spread of the coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus:
- Practice social distancing. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts – use drive-thru, pick up, or delivery options.
- And, practice good hygiene
- wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface
- avoid touching your face
- sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow
- and disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
For updates and information visit www.coronavirus.health.ok.gov and please direct your questions to the Oklahoma State Department of Health Coronavirus Call Center, 877-215-8336 OR 2-1-1.