Carbon Monoxide Poisoning; Tips to Stay Safe

Beverly Cantrell - February 1, 2022 1:22 pm

City of Ponca City-
When temperatures fall or power goes out, the possibility of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning rises as people try to stay warm.
Invisible, odorless and tasteless, CO is a highly poisonous gas produced by the burning of fuel such as gasoline, natural gas, kerosene, charcoal or wood.
Tips to stay safe include:
*Don’t use an unvented gas or kerosene heater in closed spaces, especially sleeping areas.
*Don’t use gas appliances such as an oven, range or clothes dryer to heat your home.
*Don’t burn charcoal inside a house, garage, for heating or cooking, even in a fireplace.
May be an image of text that says '20ft Always keep generators at least 20 feet away from your home GENERATOR SAFETY Always use grounded cords and inspect cords for damage prior to use Never operate a generator in an enclosed space OUTDOOR ä Use the proper cord for the wattage being used Make sure the generator has 3-4 feet of clear space above and on all sides for properventilation Always use GFCI protection'
 

Latest Stories

Native American tribes gain new authority to stop unwanted hydropower projects

By MICHAEL PHILLIS Associated Press (AP) — Federal regulators have granted Native American tribes more power...

Pawhuska Police Department Working With OSBI and OBN Testing Suckers and Rock Candy: Release Statement

Pawhuska, Okla.-The Pawhuska Police Department is working with OSBI and OBN to conduct more extensive testing...

Board of Equalization Certifies Revenue

The state Board of Equalization met last week certifying revenue the Legislature will have to appropriate...