Brother hopes ruling ends case of boy missing since 2006, presumed dead

The Associated Press - November 5, 2019 12:46 pm

Rex and Rebecca Clark

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals has upheld murder convictions that a Seminole man hopes brings an end to the case of his brother, missing and presumed dead since 2006.

The court last week upheld the murder conviction of 69-year-old James Rex Clark in the death of 9-year-old Colton Clark, whose body was never found. The court earlier upheld the conviction of Clark’s wife, Rebecca, on the same charge.

The Clarks were the uncle and aunt and the adoptive parents of Colton and Homer Clark, now known as T.J. Sloane. The Clarks said Colton ran away.

Sloane told authorities in 2015 that he last saw his brother bruised, bloodied and motionless on a couch. The case was reopened and charges filed.

The Clarks can launch federal appeals. Their attorneys declined comment.

 

Latest Stories

WINTER WEATHER: Highway Conditions Alert 12-2-20 as of 7 a.m.

Oklahoma Department of Transportation crews started salt and sand operation early this morning in northwest Oklahoma...

CDC to Shorten Recommended COVID-19 Quarantine Days

(AP) – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is set to shorten the recommended length...

OU Profs and Staff Seeking Stronger Response from Administrators

by Cassandra Sweetman NORMAN, Okla. (KFOR) – A group of professors and staff at the University...