Broken Arrow fire station closed because of mold

Ponca City Now - June 4, 2015 8:56 am

BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (AP) – A northeast Oklahoma fire chief says he has shuttered a fire station because of mold growing inside of its walls.

Broken Arrow Fire Chief Jeremy Moore told KOTV-TV (http://bit.ly/1KbYx1k ) on Wednesday he won’t let firefighters return to the station until its deemed safe. He says that up to six firefighters typically work out the station and that last week’s closure will delay response times.

It is unclear what type of mold is inside, what caused it and how long it has been there. Cleaning crews found it inside the station’s walls last week after cleaning up after heavy rains that flooded the building.

Moore says the mold is being tested and it is unclear when firefighters will be able to return.

 

Latest Stories

Nebraska-Oklahoma provided stage for Black stars in ’70s

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Half a century ago, the Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry provided a grand stage for...

Oklahoma Supreme Court agrees to expedite mask appeal

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma Supreme Court has agreed to expedite an appeal of a...

Police: Man who took Oklahoma officer’s gun fatally shot

DAVIS, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a south Oklahoma man was fatally shot by police after...