BPA Students Participate in Conference
Mike Seals - May 27, 2021 10:51 pm
East Middle School Business Professionals of America (BPA) students recently participated in the BPA Virtual National Leadership Conference. BPA is the nation’s leading Career and Technical Student Organization for students pursuing careers in business management, information technology, finance, accounting, office administration and other business-related career fields.
The mission of BPA is to develop and empower student leaders to discover their passion and change the world by creating unmatched opportunities in learning, professional growth and service.
The 2021 Virtual National Leadership Conference had over 6,000 attendees and they competed in over 100 events. The BPA organization at East Middle School competed in nine events and were Top 10 finalist in five different events.
- Business Math Concepts: Sixth- Sampson Spain
- Digital Citizenship: Fourth – Caitlin Cooper
- Digital Game Design Team: 10th – Caitlin Cooper, Christian Fezer, Rachel Lawson and Charlcy VanTuyl
- Human Resource Exploration: Sixth – Saige Leven and 10th – Andi Massey
- Introduction to Video Production Team: Eighth – Anderson Bivins, Harrison Poet and Sampson Spain
PICTURED BELOW: During the National Leadership Conference, East Middle School BPA participated in the ninth annual first-ever Virtual Walk for Special Olympics. East Middle School and BPA chapter completed a one-mile walk from East Middle School to Fifth Street Park and back. Special Olympics is BPA’s national service project. Pictured, from left, are Harrison Poet, Anderson Bivins, Sampson Spain, Caitlin Cooper, Charlcy VanTuyl, Terryn Goddard, Rachel Lawson, Andi Massey, Abby Chamberlin, Christian Fezer and Saige Leven.