COVID-19 Testing Scheduled for 29 October at RecPlex
Mike Seals - October 23, 2020 11:36 am
IMMYLabs, in coordination with the Kay County Health Department, is offering drive-thru COVID-19 testing to the Kay County area at no charge to the individual. Testing is scheduled for Thursday, October 29th from 11:00am – 4:00pm. IMMYLabs will utilize the Ponca City RecPlex as the drive-thru testing location. The address to the RecPlex is 1604 W. Grand Avenue, Ponca City. The testing is fast and you will receive your result within 2 business days!
To schedule an appointment:
1. Visit IMMYLabs.com.
2. Click “Make Appointment”
3. Fill out required information on the registration form.
4. After completing the registration form, you will receive an email confirmation with the following information: appointment date, time, and location as well as a confirmation code specific to your reservation. You will need this code when you arrive at the Swab Station.
5. Arrive to the testing site at your scheduled date and time with your given confirmation code.
6. Once IMMYLabs completes the testing process (within two business days), you will receive an email with a link to your result.
Questions? Please visit immylabs.com for testing guidelines or additional questions related to the event.
Best Practices For Protecting Yourself
The Kay County Health Department is asking that everyone continue to follow these simple tips to protect yourself and those around you during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Maintain social distancing by avoiding close contact with others (about 6 feet);
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers your nose and mouth when in public settings;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces often;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol;
If you are sick, take the following steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care;
- If seeking medical attention, call ahead;
- Avoid public transportation or ride-sharing;
- Separate yourself from other people and pets within your home;
Anyone experiencing symptoms or that may have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 is asked to contact their healthcare provider or the County Health Department for testing.
Residents are encouraged to follow the Kay County Health Department Facebook page for up-to-date information on testing opportunities.