Today is National Voter Registration Day
Ponca City Now - September 25, 2018 12:17 pm
You can also register to vote in person. The deadline to register to vote in person is Friday, Oct. 12. Those living in Kay County can contact the Kay County Election Board in person in the basement of the Kay County Courthouse
The mailing address, phone and email contacts are:
P.O. Box 331
Newkirk, Oklahoma 74647
Email: [email protected]
County election board officers are:
- Cheryl Howard – Secretary
- Carol Leaming – Assistant Secretary
- Lacie Holman – Clerk of the Board
Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To register in Oklahoma you must:
- be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Oklahoma
- be 18 years old on or before the date of the next election
- have not been convicted of a felony, for which a period of time equal to the original sentence has not expired, or for which you have not been pardoned
- not now be under judgment as an incapacitated person, or a partially incapacitated person prohibited from registering to vote.
- Print and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 – ID Number: The last four digits of your Social Security number are required (Oklahoma Title 26, Section 4-112) In addition, your Oklahoma driver’s license number is requested. If you don’t have either number, please write “none” on the form.
- Box 7 – Choice of Party: Oklahoma requires that you register with a party to participate in partisan primary elections. You should register with the party whose primary you would like to vote in. However, some parties allow unaffiliated voters to participate in their primary elections.
- Box 8 – Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Review the “Who can vote?” section above and check that you’re eligible.
- Sign the form.
- Send the completed form to your local election official. To register by mail, the form must be postmarked by Friday, Oct. 12.