3 injured in northwest Oklahoma City home explosion
Ponca City Now - January 4, 2016 10:31 am
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – A northwest Oklahoma City explosion has injured three adults after a natural gas leak was reported.
The Oklahoman reports (http://bit.ly/1OFLN7z ) that Oklahoma Natural Gas workers were called to the neighborhood Saturday to investigate the source of a gas leak when the explosion blew a man out of his bed and caused two adults to suffer from smoke inhalation.
Oklahoma City fire District Chief Benny Fulkerson says the man was taken to a hospital after being found outside a home around 3:15 a.m. suffering first- and second-degree burns on his face, head and chest.
The explosion affected 50 homes and forced the evacuation of about two dozen people.
Oklahoma Natural Gas spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard says the company is arranging hotel rooms for people who were displaced.