2 Arrested After Kids Sickened From Carbon Monoxide Fumes

Beverly Cantrell - February 7, 2022 6:45 am

MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) — Two Oklahoma residents were arrested after their two children became seriously ill from carbon monoxide fumes while sitting in a car outside a Muncie Walmart.

Police said the car’s engine had been left running with the children, ages 8 and 2, inside the vehicle while the parents were inside the store.

Investigators discovered the car’s exhaust system was malfunctioning, resulting in a carbon monoxide level that was dangerously high.

Emergency personnel were sent to the store about 12:15 p.m. The children were taken by ambulance to IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital and later transferred to an Indianapolis hospital.

Antonio Kendrell Davis, 41, and Brittany Chris Rogers, 26, were arrested on preliminary counts of neglect of a dependent They also face preliminary counts of theft, apparently based on allegations they stole merchandise while at Walmart.

They were being held in the Delaware County Jail under bonds of $42,500.

Jail officers said the couple were listed as residents of Miami, Oklahoma, about 90 miles (145 kilometers) northeast of Tulsa.

 

Latest Stories

Thunder post their highest point total of the season in 147-106 win over Wizards

By TIM WILLERT Associated Press OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 30 points and the...

Video shows Owasso nonbinary teen after attack in school bathroom, the day before their death

By KEN MILLER, PHILIP MARCELO, and JAMIE STENGLE Associated Press OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A 16-year-old...

Inside the enduring movie homes of Jack Fisk, production design legend

By JAKE COYLE AP Film Writer NEW YORK (AP) — Jack Fisk, the legendary production designer,...